Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hershey Track Meet

Another weekend and another track meet! Mienna and Baylee both had qualified for this Provincial meet back in May (at a meet in St. Albert). This one day meet was at Foote Field which is an absolutely gorgeous venue. Mienna competed in the 11/12 year old category and Baylee was in the 13/14 year old category. Both girls did fabulous. Mienna had 3 events (broke two personal best records for herself) and Baylee had 2 events. Here are some of the pics......

This is Mienna in the 400m.. Look for the blue runner (she also appears on the big screen.. although it is hard to tell). Mienna won this timed heat and finished 5th over all.


Baylee in her 800 m heat. Right afterwards she had to hurry over to ball throw (which she got first in!)



This is Mienna in the home stretch of the 800m. She really pushed herself with a huge kick in the end to win this timed heat (and then again placed 5th over all).


Mienna's big finish.


It was very hot out and this pretty much represents how Kaela felt by about 3:00 pm..she was done! All I heard from her during the last hour of the meet (after being a number one fan for most of the day) was when do we go to back to the hotel for the pool! Poor bug! It was 28 degrees out. Did I mention she is made of sugar and melts in the sun??


This is both girls at the end of the event. I do have more pictures of them on the podium but I have to find where I put the card.... All of the pictures were taken with my Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro Lens. I never looked to see which lens was on my camera as we were in a hurry but they aren't too bad for not bringing my telephoto.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So maybe we'll see them in the next Summer Olympics!!! That's really great!

Liz & Co