


Ok.. so these ase really crappy pics of me and Bobbie at the Dixie Chicks concert but hey we were trying to take them incognito without any ushers noticing or for that matter the couple of cranky pants that were sitting directly behind us!!! Trust me... we look better in real life and the camera adds 10 pounds!!!! lol!!! Anyhow on with the story. This past weekend was me and my sister Bobbie's annual girl getaway! Once a year we try and pick a concert to go to and spend the weekend together with lots of gossiping, shopping, entertainment, shopping, eating and then some more shopping! I call it therapy and what keeps us sane for another few months.
Now for the review on the concert. I enjoyed myself way more then I expected. Which is always a pleasant surprise. I really appreciate when a performer writes their own songs and thats exactly what the Dixie Chicks do. The latest songs by them are very thought provoking, intelligent and has alot to do with the fall out from the comments they made 2 years ago about George W. Bush and the Iraq war. I personally don't agree with the whole Iraq war and think that their is a deeper reason for all that happened. But anyhow enough of my political views. The concert was fabulous and the music A+. The only complaint I have would have been that the quality of the sound sucked at times and sounded almost muffled. We had a hard time making out sometimes what they were saying and we had pretty good seats. I'm not sure if that is a Dixie Chicks problem or Rexall problem but whatever. Regardless I'm glad we went although I found out just last week that James Blunt was in town and I missed out on it. Oh well.. can't be everywhere at once. ... oh and did I mention the Chicks did the entire show in these killer high heel shoes??!!!! My hat goes off to them!
Now as for the shopping. It was most excellent! Lots of pre-Christmas sales. I managed to score some excellent presents for the girls at Toys R Us (huge sale). Costco had these wonderful pop up books that I'm always trying to get for Mienna every year for Christmas. They are gorgeous and usually I have a hell of a time finding them and have to order through Amazon as they are usually sold out everywhere around Christmas. I also saw some gorgeous Christmas dresses for the girls at Children's Place but I'm holding off as they have an online survey for 15% off so I will wait until I can get back in and buy them on the 18th. I also scored a beutiful chenille bathrobe for myself and it is like a little piece of heaven. I could live in this thing 24/7!!! I picked it up at La Senza that was having 15% off storewide and then I received another 10% off with my prestige card. Yippee!!!
Tonight is Parent Teacher Interviews. I don't expect too many surprises as I've already had a few discussions with Mienna's teacher on concerns that I have had. Tom's getting out of going as he says he will watch the girls. aka... play on the computer with the girls! Ha.. little does he know I'm putting him on "wash hair" duty.
This weekend it will be just me and the girls as Tom is off to the city. I have to work a bingo as part of a fundraiser for the school (yuck) but otherwise I'm going to get some scrapping done! Can't wait to scrapbook. I have a circle journal I really must start on and some magazine work that is calling my name.
My dear friend Lacintha has put her blog back up and it will soon be rocking once again. I love the new title she chose it really sums it all up!!! Way to go girl and I had no idea my name was Heather Honey... sounds like a perfect stage name. Tom is going to wonder if I really teach sb classes or if I have another "job"! Thanks for bringing it back girl!!!
Well thats about it. I should get out of my comfortable robe and get my butt in gear for the day. Bring it on!!!!
3 comments:
Okay now, when you say you can live in the robe, I get a cold shiver..visions through my head..you and I sitting on the porch in front of the old age home,blue eye-shadow firmly in place,and you in that La Senza Robe...lol...
I see Tom "watches the kids" exactly the same way Oshean does...hmmnn..must be something they learnt in high school during Gym.
Of course you're Heather Honey...just bring that bikini next time you're in town.I got a "gig" lined up for you...lol...
What a great weekend! I think the picture added 20lbs for me but 0 for you. I'm not sure if everyone know's this but Heather is actually a sprinter in real life....As we broke through the rexall doors she made a mad dash for the vehicle which was 2 blks away, I could'nt catch her and I'm suppose to be the athletic one..... . Most athletes eat healthy, but I had to follow her strict diet of yah you guessed it Mcdonalds. What a treat!!!!!!!!!
All and all it was a great weekend, I can't wait to see what next year will bring.
Glad to read & hear you had a fun-filled jammed packed weekend! Love the pictures!
Post a Comment