This past long weekend our girls participated in their track club's annual road race (1 mile down mainstreet St. Paul). Mienna and my niece Baylee did the one mile and Kaela competed in the 1/4 mile fun run race for kids 9 years and under. Here are some pics that help explain the race.
Here is Mienna (number 819) trying to catch a few more racers right before the finish line. I love her socks! Both her and Baylee bought funky socks from Claires in Edmonton especially for this race. They were perfect as I was easily able to spot her from among the 62 runners.
Here is wider shot of the group. Mienna is trying to catch Steven (her cousin on the outer left of the screen). I had challenged her to try and beat Steven (who is 20) but she couldn't quite catch him. Steven's friend Brad however did end up eating Mienna's dust right before the finish line. Poor Brad...
Here is a close up of Mienna and those awesome socks!!!
Here are Baylee's awesome socks!! Love them!!! :)
Kaela competing in the Fun Run 1/4 mile for ages 9 and under (Kaela is 8). She did awesome!! Placed 3rd (second girl) out of 11 kids I believe. Really it was just for fun though and to gain some experience.
Kaela competed with one of her best friends Emily. Emily was close behind Kaela. It was nice for her to have a friend to run with this year.
All 3 of the girlies!
One last picture of the girls modeling their exceptional socks!! Maybe next year they can beat Steven! Overall Steven finished 18th, Mienna finished 20th and Baylee finished 28th out of 62 runners. Very impressive considering the range of atheletes that competed. For more information and finish times check out the link of results at the Northeast Alberta Track Club's website. Click here for results and then click on the 2010 results.








1 comment:
I just looked at the results. Wow way to go Mienna. That is a fantastic time. I am very very impressed.
Post a Comment