Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm back and exhausted...

Sorry I havn't posted and even more sorrier if I owe you an email or a phone call. I've been on a roller coaster for the past 10 days (or at least it feels like it!!).

My Dad fell off of his roof a week ago Sunday. He broke 4 ribs, his shoulder blade, collapsed a lung and chipped some vertebrae. He was flown to Edmonton and has spent the last 8 days in the U of A. Just to make things interesting he also suffered a mild heart attack while in the hospital. (The heart attack thing doesn't really faze me as much.. since he had a quadruple bypass at the age of only 47 and I've gotten used to those types of hiccups). Too make a long story short though he is doing much better and is on the mend. Thank goodness. I swear my parents give me more grey hairs then my children do. Gotta love them though.

Things are looking up again and I should be able to post again on a regular basis and start returning phone calls and emails starting tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to bed and reading the third book in the Twilight series. I"m in love with these books! More on that later.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and phone calls.
Heather ~

2 comments:

JUST4u & Me said...

Oh my Heather, that is just terrible!!! Glad you are back home, and your Dad is on the mend!!! Curl up with your book, and enjoy...........you deserve it!!!! Sleep well!!!!

scrappaleica said...

heather, so sorry to hear, I'll be thinking of you! make sure to get rest!