
A small glimpse into our Christmas! I've been a horrible blogger! Sorry friends. It was a very hectic Christmas. Every year I say I'm going to take it slower and every year it just seems to mow me down bigger then ever! My social butterfly of a husband is part to blame and I just can't say no.... Regardless it was a wonderful Christmas filled with lots of family and friends. This Christmas was especially special since my Mom was able to spend it with us after such a crazy year! She did get sick very quickly and unexpectedly during the holidays (we all get worried when that happens due to the threat of rejection) but she seems to being doing great again. Next week she even celebrates her birthday! We also went away for New Years (first time ever) to visit our close friends the Clokes'. It was a whirlwind trip but such joy to take in their new home and surroundings! We did a ten o'clock countdown but the kids are starting to get wise to that. We usually flip the tv to Niagra Falls but like I said they are catching on. We miss you guys! The girls will have to catch up with their "boyfriends" soon! (picture bottom right of the gang!).
Tom's sister Iris also came home for the holidays (and Chad.. hi Chad!!!) and we did a little quick photo shoot of her beautiful tummy.... she is now 6 months and counting. Such a tiny little thing but she'll grow!!! The girls also made gingerbread house with their grammy. I just love that she was able to do this with them this year. This was a tradition in our household when I was growing up and I"m not nearly the baker that my Mom is. Thanks Mom!!!! We also had visits from our cool cousins from Veg and we did a fondue night! It was a little crazy with the hot oil and the forks just a flying everywhere but we ate in the shifts. Kids first and then the adults!! The other "cool cousins" from Veg arrived just the other day for a short but sweet visit. (Thanks for making the trip Donna M. my turn next time for sure)!. We also had visits from a friend of Tom's and his wife that he hasn't seen in more then 20 years (that was a little out of the blue and weird... to say the least, Christmas eve visit from our neighbor with his daughter's boyfriends (some kind of new tradition) (oh and I forgot cousin Andrew and Daniel came as well on their snowmobiles)???. Christmas day was at our house with my sister Bobbie and her family, my brother and his wife Liz (and their 4 brainiac kids) and Liz's 2 brothers from Washington and her newphew Aidan. My other sister Shelly also came with her new beau and my Mom and Dad. Christmas eve was at Tom's mom and dads and Iris and Chad came home. Angie came over with the twins one day to play while Iris was here. It has turned into a bit of a blur but thats like every year right??!!! If you read this far.... congrats!!!!
Tom also surprised me with diamond earrings for Christmas! Such a great guy!!! I had to go and get my one ear re-pierced since one closed when I quit wearing earrings when the kids were babies and always pulling on them. We also splurged with buying a new bedroom set (something that has been planned for awhile) but decided to go ahead since Boxing day sales were on. Now I'm busy prepping our room with removing wallpaper border, painting and getting the room rewired for some new lights. Nothing like putting extra stuff on the go.
I also managed to scrap a bit over the holidays but it was for the magazine so I can't share at this time, but I think it turned out super cute!!!! Stay tuned for the Spring issue! I've also been visiting Scrapbooking Fanatics (check link at side) since Jayme took it over and it has been lots of fun! If you get a chance go and take a peek! Jayme has added a gallery and a forum!
I'm sure there is more but my brain is pretty much mush and I'm sure this is filled with a 100 type-os. I'll re-edit tomorrow if necessary. Now I need to scoot to bed as tomorrow we are back to the routine of school!!!!!!!! Later!
7 comments:
I now understand why you haven't updated, WOW!!!
So many special things to remember, and you have the photos to show it.....love the one of your Mom & Dad, Iris in the photo shoot, the girls& their boyfriends, gingerbread houses....WTG!!!
Good job Tom on the GREAT gifts for your sweet little wife.........she so deserves them!
Good luck on finishing up the MB before the new furniture arrives......can't wait to see pictures of the NEW room!
Take Care, and see you at SF soon!!!
Great photos! Glad we were part of the insanity! Things have been pretty quiet since you left--the phone rang twice:) Yesterday we went out to the Cross Country Ski trails on the other side of the river (probably only a mile away but a 25 minute drive nonetheless). The boys LOVED it and if the weather is good next Sunday, we will go back.
Merry Ukranian Christmas!
Shel
Diamond earings??? how come you did not show me or tell me when I was there?
Can't wait to see the MB when I come back in June. I am sure it is going to look great.
Thanks again for my photos, I have one up in my soon to be nursery.
Aren't you glad things have quieted down just a bit after all the hustle and bustle? I love the holiday season too but coming back to normal life routines feels great!
Gorgeous pics Heather..and diamond earrings you say? This after the diamond ring?
Hmmmnnn... you must be doing some freaky freaky in the boudoir girl!!!
Hey Ms Liberace...update time :)
okay then..at least update my blog link.It's an old one...lol...
Post a Comment