and supportive. These flowers have brought a touch of spring to the inside of her room.This week has been a slow but steady week for Mom's recovery. Pnemonia started to set in on Monday for which they did a broncoscopy for on Tuesday to clear out the accumulated gunk. They put her on antibiotics and she is doing better since the bronc. Everytime they do a scope it sets her back a day as she gets sedated and then has to recover. They can be quite invasive but absolutely necessary.
As for Mom's spirits she is coming along. She is quite quiet but it takes alot of energy for her to speak right now. Of course I can do lots of talking for the both of us!!!
Right now my sister Bobbie is staying with her and then Dad will go back up. I don't know how we will all continue this pace. Bobbie has to be back at work soon and soon we will be calving. All we can do is take it one day at a time as things are constantly changing.
Mienna and Kaela are doing well. They're Daddy takes such good care of them when I'm gone. I'm so lucky!! Even though I'm home now I'm sick with a horrible cold and lacking sleep, Tom still takes care of all of us. Such a great hubby I have!
The next couple of days will be spent getting some stuff done around here. I have a meeting with Mienna's principal on Friday to set the Parent Council agenda for Tuesday meeting and ballet for Mienna on Saturday and a birthday party on Sunday. I also have tons to catch up with laundry, cleaning and even do I dare say some "scrapbooking"!!! Tom will be gone all weekend to the city so I plan on doing some scrapping with the girls and spending some home quality time. I think next time I go up to the city I may take some of my scrapping stuff to keep me busy in the long evenings.
Thank you Iris, Sabrena, Donna, Jackie, Lacintha, Chantel, Eileen, Charlene, Monique and so many more that have sent emails and phone calls in support and friendship. I'm so lucky to have such great friends and family!
1 comment:
Heather,
So glad you are back home, and getting some rest! You take care.........and give that man of yours an extra hug, for being so great during all of this.
Glad to see your Mom's room is looking so pretty........I hope she is feeling better these last couple of days.
Bye for now, thanks for the update!!!!
Post a Comment