This little monkey brings us so much joy. We can always count on her to say something hilarious or to come up with ideas that are so cute! Everyday though I realize that we are one step closer to her leaving her childhood and becoming more of a little lady and I so wish we could freeze time. Meanwhile though I will keep taking those hugs and kisses that are offered so many times a day.
Kaela's always been super affectionate and I do admit that I have soaked up those kisses and hugs as much as I can. Especially in the last two years or so since I've come to realize more and more that she was most likely to be our last baby. Every night Kaela gives me a goodnight kiss and tells me to rub it in so that it will last till morning and asks when we will check on her. Which is usually always 30 minutes but she is asleep in less then 10 minutes. In the morning she gives us good morning hugs before she does anything else. Kaela says "I love you" everyday and I always respond "I love you more".. to which she says "no.. I love you more".. and then I say "No.. I love you more - to infinity and beyond" (a little thing left over from her watching "Toy Story" like 3 million times when she was 2.
I miss though when she was smaller and she would often ask if "she was still fresh"! Even at the age of 4 she was aware that she was growning up fast.
I miss when she would help her Dad put something together and ask her Dad if he needed the "destructions" (aka the instructions).
I miss when she would brush her teeth and tell me she was getting all of the "sugar bugs" out.
I miss when she would say "here I'm coming... my big wheels are just a humming"!
Tom misses when he would come back from ice-fishing and Kaela would ask "how many shish did you catch Daddy?".. she couldn't say her "f"s!
Mienna misses when Kaela would call her "Nenna" instead of Mienna. That went on for years and sometimes we still call her that.
Tom misses when he would come back from ice-fishing and Kaela would ask "how many shish did you catch Daddy?".. she couldn't say her "f"s!
Mienna misses when Kaela would call her "Nenna" instead of Mienna. That went on for years and sometimes we still call her that.
I miss all of the little things that I'm already forgetting......



2 comments:
Heather all of your posts are GREAT, but this one.....well, it's SUPER GREAT!
We really enjoyed this one too, Heather!
Liz
Post a Comment