Here are the girls playing on top of drifts in one of our corrals. These snow banks would be at least 8 feet high here.
The heifers below were pretty much trapped on the other side of a huge bank of snow. It took Tom about 15 minutes to cut out the bank so that they could get through.
This next picture is actually of our road north of our place. Tom pulled a few people out but really you can see that you would have to be crazy to think you could get through these roads.
One more of Kaela helping out with some shovelling.











3 comments:
Wow! How come we never got such exciting weather when we were there??? I can imagine no one would be towing a trailer down to Floatingstone right about now!
Liz
I would still be there if Tom and Ivan did not help getting me out to safe roads on Friday. Thanks very much again for getting me back on Friday to catch my plane....I am very glad to be in Bermuda right now although I think Rylan would have loved playing in that snow. He still is talking about Uncle Tom pulling us out with the tractor.
holy smokes, that's a lot of snow!!! You guys really got nailed, we only got a few cm here. Love the rescued heifer photos! :-)
Post a Comment