Ever have one of those days where you would just like to sleep and sleep some more but can't?? Today is one of those days. Felt like I hardly slept last night and today my back is killing me. Must be old age. Anyhow I have a million things to get ready for today but not much ambition. Always feel that way after a crummy sleep. Oh well on with the show!
Today is my oldest sister's wedding reception. They already got married in a private ceremony back in September and today is their reception. I was up late last night helping to decorate. Those that know me well know that I'm not very close to my sister. Mainly because she is alot older then me and I haven't agreed with alot of her choices that she has made in her life. Well I need to put that aside today and help her celebrate as she is truly happy with this new husband of hers (2nd marriage). So today I need to get a speech written, card and gift made and wrapped and come up with some type of guest book as she forgot to buy one and there is no time to go and buy one.
As for the funeral part of my post my uncle passed away. I wasn't particularily close to him as I really only saw him at various family functions. He was my Mom's youngest brother (47)...my Mom is the oldest of 11 siblings. Not really sure what happened yet but he died a week ago Friday and was only found yesterday. An autopsy will be performed and then we will know more. Not good. Alot of that side of the family is coming for the wedding and they have decided to still come so that is nice but still difficult. My Mom is taking it pretty hard. I guess we will have some type of funeral to go this week in Edmonton.
Well I had better scoot and try and create a speech. Anyone got some good clean jokes???
3 comments:
wow. Good luck Heather. You always have so much on the go.
Awwww Heather,
You are in a tough spot(your speech), but I am sure you did an amazing job. I'm sure whatever you said was FROM THE HEART, not always the easiest.......but I'm sure that's the path you took!!!!
Hope the wedding was good, and hope your Mom & the rest of the family are finding comfort in each other in the loss of your Uncle.
Hi H..sorry to hear about your uncle, and happy to hear that you're celebrating big sis's wedding..clean jokes..ummm..I'm clean tapped out!...lol
Post a Comment